Sunday, December 07, 2008

I Just Woke Up to Say I Love You

It started with the approach of adolescence, when the days became longer conforming to newfound expectations. Expectations to perform, to achieve a place in a good institute. Expectations that enervate vivacity from a adolescent mind. 

It was then you came with a whiff of positive energy. It was then, I dared to meet you not fearing the enigma that had haunted me for all my childhood days. It was you who made me understand that our present, not our worries about future actually decides our future.

Soon afterwards, I got admission in IT-BHU. Here our meetings became more longer and my affinity more stronger. We spent times together on lonely roads amid high trees and majestic buildings who listened to our serenades and made us feel like king and queen of a vast state. Here you introduced me to new friends with whom we spent great time. We laughed, we sighed; we celebrated, we cried; we played, we read; we talked, we listened; we watched, we sang; we ran, we walked,we slept; we drank, we ate, and we breathed together. I knew that they also adored you, but I was also sure that my devotion far exceeds their affection. 

Days fled by and I got a job in NCR, India. Here in this cosmopolition, in crowd of tens of millions, I found myself alone like never before, staying away from my family and friends. Sure I found new friends, but it was you who spared me time whenever I felt lonely, inspite of the remodeling of the vast empire with high trees and majestic buildings into office enclosure with computers and computers. Your presence always gave me precious times to face difficult situations.

It would fill volumes, if I start describing your beauty, so in adoration i would just add the following line. It is said that night is darkest before the dawn, but i say, "You look most beautiful when you leave, sparing us a fresh impetus to work throughout the day and an incentive to wait for our next date".

No comments: